Thank You Gala Supporters!
Our 2016 annual Gala held April 23rd at the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum was fantastic! We had over 300 guests, which is a record for us and raised nearly $50,000 for HCAF, also a record! The food by Occasions Catering was delicious and plentiful from four regions of the world, the venue was a lot of fun and we’ll be going back next year, the entertainment provided by SF1, Mudra Dance Studio, the Korean Jubilee Ensemble, and Grupo Huitzliopotchli was a wonderful cultural mix, and a great time was had by all!
Mark your calendars for April 8, 2017 and plan to join in the fun!
Thank you so very much to our generous supporting sponsors:
Mercedes Clinic & Sales, Inc.
Noodles & Company
Highlands Integrative Pediatrics
Inman Flynn Biesterfeld & Brentlinger, PC
Korean Academy of Colorado
Lee, Myers, & O’Connell, LLP
Rocky Mountain Korean Lions Club
Square Two Financial
Sweetser Law Firm, P.C.
Eric Voogt and Alison George
A & J Tires, Inc.
Asian Pacific Development Center
Michele Horn & David Harder
Gigot and Eli Hudspeth
Mudra Dance Studio
Valerie & Jeff Towery
Jim Winkler & Rita Schweitz
We are already in the midst of planning exciting and meaningful camp experiences for this year. We have some milestones to celebrate! It is the 25th year of Korean Heritage Camp, which means the 25th year of Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, since that was our very first camp all those years ago. It is also the 20th year of our Chinese Heritage Camp, which was our third camp in the lineup of what is now 11 camps and one Adult Adoptee Retreat! It is amazing how we have grown in 25 years, and all because of the dreams and dedication of our staff, board of directors, and countless volunteers — adoptive parents, adoptees, community volunteers, and counselors. Thank you one and all — here’s to a celebratory year!
Some comments from 2015 camp evaluations when asked what was most valuable about the Heritage Camp experience:
- “The most valuable about Heritage Camp to my family is the opportunity to be a part of a family in where we can all connect and share what we are truly passionate about! Best experience ever!”
- “I love that the camp offers something special for everyone in the family and that the camp is full of families just like ours. I think it is so valuable for our children to see other families like their own.”
- “As a counselor, adoptee, & camp alum, I know that Heritage Camp is the only place I actually feel like I fit in.”
- “We already have a high awareness of our daughter’s birth culture. However, camp definitely raises our awareness of the combination of birth and adoption culture and the implications of that.”
- “The kids have FUN with other kids that look like them and have similar experiences — it is their favorite thing of the year, every year.”
Share the Love – Refer a Family! Our +ONE Program Works!
Word of mouth is by far our best marketing tool. Share the love and refer a family to HCAF; through our +ONE program we’ll thank you profusely! Receive a $25 camp market certificate for every new family you refer to any HCAF camp, not only the one(s) you attend. For four new family referrals in one year, receive $100 gift certificate to the market or one free registration! Refer more families, collect more gifts!
Thank you for being such GREAT ambassadors!
Heritage Camp Voices
Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, Inc. (HCAF) serves as a post-adoption resource and advocate for children, adults, and families with diverse heritages.
We accomplish our mission by facilitating events which provide culturally relevant and family-centered experiences for every member of the family.
These events provide individuals and families with both a deeper sense of community and an individual identity. It is our goal that all adoptees will develop a knowledge of themselves and their culture of origin and that families will have a better awareness of, and sense of pride in, their adopted family member’s birth heritage. HCAF assists children, adults, and families in becoming a part of a larger community “just like themselves,” with shared experiences, challenges, and opportunities.