25 YEARS OF HELPING FAMILIES SOAR! Join us for our Annual Gala Celebrating 25 years!
View the gala flyer with all the details — who, what, when, and where! This year our gala will be held at the fabulous Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum! Purchase your gala tickets here! You can also support our annual fundraiser by purchasing raffle tickets here, and by selling them to all of your family and friends as well! Our fantastic raffle prizes this year include:
1st Prize: HP Star Wars 15.6″ Special Edition Notebook — value $879
2nd Prize: Heritage Camp Fees for 4 — value $432 (if winner does not attend camp, prize is $250 Amazon Gift Card)
3rd Prize: $200 Amazon Gift Card
** note: prizes will not be substituted — need not be present to win
We are already in the midst of planning exciting and meaningful camp experiences for this year. We have some milestones to celebrate! It is the 25th year of Korean Heritage Camp, which means the 25th year of Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, since that was our very first camp all those years ago. It is also the 20th year of our Chinese Heritage Camp, which was our third camp in the lineup of what is now 11 camps and one Adult Adoptee Retreat! It is amazing how we have grown in 25 years, and all because of the dreams and dedication of our staff, board of directors, and countless volunteers — adoptive parents, adoptees, community volunteers, and counselors. Thank you one and all — here’s to a celebratory year!
Some comments from 2015 camp evaluations when asked what was most valuable about the Heritage Camp experience:
- “The most valuable about Heritage Camp to my family is the opportunity to be a part of a family in where we can all connect and share what we are truly passionate about! Best experience ever!”
- “I love that the camp offers something special for everyone in the family and that the camp is full of families just like ours. I think it is so valuable for our children to see other families like their own.”
- “As a counselor, adoptee, & camp alum, I know that Heritage Camp is the only place I actually feel like I fit in.”
- “We already have a high awareness of our daughter’s birth culture. However, camp definitely raises our awareness of the combination of birth and adoption culture and the implications of that.”
- “The kids have FUN with other kids that look like them and have similar experiences — it is their favorite thing of the year, every year.”
Share the Love – Refer a Family! Our +ONE Program Works!
Word of mouth is by far our best marketing tool. Share the love and refer a family to HCAF; through our +ONE program we’ll thank you profusely! Receive a $25 camp market certificate for every new family you refer to any HCAF camp, not only the one(s) you attend. For four new family referrals in one year, receive $100 gift certificate to the market or one free registration! Refer more families, collect more gifts!
Thank you for being such GREAT ambassadors!
Heritage Camp Voices
Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, Inc. (HCAF) serves as a post-adoption resource and advocate for children, adults, and families with diverse heritages.
We accomplish our mission by facilitating events which provide culturally relevant and family-centered experiences for every member of the family.
These events provide individuals and families with both a deeper sense of community and an individual identity. It is our goal that all adoptees will develop a knowledge of themselves and their culture of origin and that families will have a better awareness of, and sense of pride in, their adopted family member’s birth heritage. HCAF assists children, adults, and families in becoming a part of a larger community “just like themselves,” with shared experiences, challenges, and opportunities.