Share Your Love – Refer a Family! Our +ONE Program Works!
Refer more families, collect more gifts!
Word of mouth is by far our best marketing tool. Share the love and refer a family to HCAF; through our +ONE program we’ll thank you profusely! Receive a $25 Camp Market certificate for every new family you refer to any HCAF camp, not only the one(s) you attend. For four new family referrals, in one year, receive $100 gift certificate to the Market or one free registration!
Thank you for being such GREAT ambassadors!
We are already in the midst of planning exciting and meaningful camp experiences for this year, and we hope your family will join us! Registration is NOW OPEN for African/Caribbean, Korean, and Latin American Heritage Camps. Remaining camps will be opening soon!
Some comments from camp evaluations when asked what was most valuable about the Heritage Camp experience:
- “The most valuable about Heritage Camp to my family is the opportunity to be a part of a family in where we can all connect and share what we are truly passionate about! Best experience ever!”
- “I love that the camp offers something special for everyone in the family and that the camp is full of families just like ours. I think it is so valuable for our children to see other families like their own.”
- “As a counselor, adoptee, & camp alum, I know that Heritage Camp is the only place I actually feel like I fit in.”
- “We already have a high awareness of our daughter’s birth culture. However, camp definitely raises our awareness of the combination of birth and adoption culture and the implications of that.”
- “The kids have FUN with other kids that look like them and have similar experiences — it is their favorite thing of the year, every year.”
Heritage Camp Voices
Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, Inc. (HCAF) serves as a post-adoption resource and advocate for children, adults, and families with diverse heritages.
We accomplish our mission by facilitating events which provide culturally relevant and family-centered experiences for every member of the family.
These events provide individuals and families with both a deeper sense of community and an individual identity. It is our goal that all adoptees will develop a knowledge of themselves and their culture of origin and that families will have a better awareness of, and sense of pride in, their adopted family member’s birth heritage. HCAF assists children, adults, and families in becoming a part of a larger community “just like themselves,” with shared experiences, challenges, and opportunities.