Thank You Gala Supporters!
Our 2018 annual Gala held April 14th at the Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum was fantastic! We had close to 300 guests, and raised nearly $50,000 for HCAF, which is SO impactful for us! The food by Occasions Catering was delicious and plentiful from four regions of the world, the venue was a lot of fun, the entertainment provided by DJ Skiprip & the Mudra Rhythm Section, Thomas’s Odaiko, Taiko drummer, Brazilian dance troupe, Samba Colorado, and the Indian dance troupe, Mudra Dance Studio was a wonderful cultural mix, and a great time was had by all!
Mark your calendars for April 13, 2019 and plan to join in the fun next year at our NEW venue, History Center of Colorado!
Thank you so very much to our generous sponsors. You have all made such a difference for HCAF, and we are very appreciative!
Mercedes Clinic & Sales, Inc.
KORE Investments, LLC
Play Therapy, Inc.
Asian Pacific Development Center
Glade Voogt Lord Smith Law
Michele Horn & David Harder
Gigot and Eli Hudspeth
Korean Academy of Colorado
Korean Lions Club of Colorado
Open Sky Wilderness Therapy
Spectrum Retirement Community
Sweetser Law Firm, P.C.
Valerie & Jeff Towery
Eric Voogt and Alison George
Children’s Dentistry of Cherry Creek
HCAF Board of Directors
International School of Denver
Mudra Dance Studio
Nathan Yip Foundation
We are already in the midst of planning exciting and meaningful camp experiences for this year, and we hope your family will join us! Registration is NOW OPEN for all 9 of our camps!
STILL ACCEPTING LATE REGISTRATIONS FOR KOREAN AND LATIN AMERICAN HERITAGE CAMPS THROUGH MAY.
African/Caribbean Heritage Camp is now on wait-list status, but please do still register if you’d like to attend this year. We strive to take as many families off the waitlist as we can! You do not pay anything until you are taken off waitlist status, so it is still well worth it to try!
Some comments from camp evaluations when asked what was most valuable about the Heritage Camp experience:
- “The most valuable about Heritage Camp to my family is the opportunity to be a part of a family in where we can all connect and share what we are truly passionate about! Best experience ever!”
- “I love that the camp offers something special for everyone in the family and that the camp is full of families just like ours. I think it is so valuable for our children to see other families like their own.”
- “As a counselor, adoptee, & camp alum, I know that Heritage Camp is the only place I actually feel like I fit in.”
- “We already have a high awareness of our daughter’s birth culture. However, camp definitely raises our awareness of the combination of birth and adoption culture and the implications of that.”
- “The kids have FUN with other kids that look like them and have similar experiences — it is their favorite thing of the year, every year.”
Share Your Love – Refer a Family! Our +ONE Program Works!
Refer more families, collect more gifts!
Word of mouth is by far our best marketing tool. Share the love and refer a family to HCAF; through our +ONE program we’ll thank you profusely! Receive a $25 Camp Market certificate for every new family you refer to any HCAF camp, not only the one(s) you attend. For four new family referrals, in one year, receive $100 gift certificate to the Market or one free registration!
Thank you for being such GREAT ambassadors!
Heritage Camps for Adoptive Families, Inc. (HCAF) serves as a post-adoption resource and advocate for children, adults, and families with diverse heritages.
We accomplish our mission by facilitating events which provide culturally relevant and family-centered experiences for every member of the family.
These events provide individuals and families with both a deeper sense of community and an individual identity. It is our goal that all adoptees will develop a knowledge of themselves and their culture of origin and that families will have a better awareness of, and sense of pride in, their adopted family member’s birth heritage. HCAF assists children, adults, and families in becoming a part of a larger community “just like themselves,” with shared experiences, challenges, and opportunities.
Heritage Camp Voices